A useful practical hint to help clean your semi Rigid or Inflatable boat
1. No solvents or strong alkaline cleaners shall be used.Use of these products may cause damage. Due to previous experiences and extensive testing results we recommend mild non ammonia detergent liquid.
2. Rinse off the soil on the surface with cold or warm water.
3. Apply the amount of cleaner required for the type of soiling, following the recommended concentration laid down by the manufacturer of the cleaner. Spray it on or wipe it on to the material with a cloth. Leave the cleaner to work for up to 5 minutes and wipe it off with a cloth.
4. Rinse off the dirt with pure cold or warm water. Then dry off thoroughly with a dry cloth or by air. Do not overheat the surface.
5. The material must be stocked clean and under absolute dry conditions.
6. If in doubt about a particular cleaning solution, please do not hesitate to contact the boat shop or manufacturer and check their recommendations.
This information is according to actual knowledge as per September 10 and is without legal commitment.
Please use a normal car shampoo (Holts, yellow bottle available from Midas), please DO NOT use Handy-Andy, Clean Green or any ammonia liquids or de-greaser as this penetrates the PVC and can damage the fabric . Please use Mentholated Spirits to clean the marks, and apply silicone spray to the PVC part to treat the material .Do not treat the GRP fibreglass with silicone spray as it will make the deck very slippery .
Thanks to Kevin Castleman for the insight and the link !
Yours in Boating – AA